Most of us are aware of the importance that good website ranking plays in business growth. Whilst it’s relatively easy to know what makes a website top the chart, the key component is implementing the right strategies that improve your local SEO.
Local SEO is essential to smaller businesses as it focuses appearing on SERPs in a specific location. It basically deals with marketing your brand to local leads and customers so that you can make a strong base in your local area.
Well! When we talk about optimizing your local SEO, it means improved traffic, leads, and conversions. Here are 7 amazing strategies to help you improve it and compete more effectively against larger national brands…
- Create & Optimize Your Google My Business Account – To get started, you need to establish your presence on the search engine and you can do it for free by claiming your business on Google My Business. It also means that your business will show up on Google Maps which is extremely important in today’s digital era. Also, your business will appear on all devices and you will be able to expand your reach and attract more visitors.
- Optimize for Voice Search – Voice Search has grown rapidly and a lot of people prefer searching for brands, products, and services via this medium. It means that it is imperative to optimize for voice search so that when your potential customers speak into their devices, they get results. Also, keep in mind that people use long-tail keywords when doing voice searches compared to searching via typing.
- Get Regular Reviews – Reviews play a crucial role in bringing any business from scratch to top as it encourages more local customers to buy from you. To get more and more reviews, you can ask in person after the close of a sale or send a post-purchase email or texts. Also, it is extremely important to respond to the reviews in a professional way as it builds trust and a long-term relationship with the clients.
- Create Effective Content – In today’s digital world where everything is going online, content is the king. If you’re prioritizing improving your local SEO, create content based on local stories or events as it will relate directly and grab local customers’ attention. You can focus on writing regular blog posts, create videos, and update your website with high-quality content that serves different parts of a region.
- Optimize Your Website for all Devices – A lot of people these days prefer looking at different products and services on-the-go using their smartphones or tablets. Therefore, it is imperative to optimize your website for mobile to improve your local SEO. However, there are certain things that you need to consider such as ensuring that the website loads quickly, using bigger yet attractive fonts, using images, and having intuitive UI.
- Local Link Building – Link building within local SEO campaigns is extremely important because the results rely more on links from other local websites. It will be great for your business if you could get links from websites local to you and deals with similar things to what you do. The best way is to look at local directories and build citations using your business name, address, and contact number. You can also use some local tools to check out any existing citations and update info.
- Optimize Your Social Profiles – Last but not least, you need to make sure that every social profile you have includes your business name, address, and a URL back to your website. Make sure that your Facebook page is listed as a local business as it will encourage local people to check in and visit your website. Also, make sure you get credit for all of those check-ins and likes by claiming those places.
Apart from the above-mentioned ways, one great way to drive attention to your local business is to get people to talk about you and there are many ways to do so. You may use tools to track links, write blogs to connect or use social media platforms for local outreach.
Analyze and monitor your results to enjoy the best of your business….