10 Amazing Secrets to a Happy and Successful Married Life
“Marriage takes work.”
Everyone wants to be happy both before marriage and after marriage, but married life is a bit demanding. Couples need to find ways to strengthen their relationship and this blog is going to reveal the most powerful ways to keep it happy and healthy.
Well, it’s not just the honeymoon period that gives you a load of happiness; you can always bring back those fluttery butterflies of excitement in your life. All you have to do is a little effort and know the secret sauce to a happy marriage.
Whether you’re a newlywed or have passed many years of ups and downs, everyone needs to know the secrets to a successful marriage. We unveil 10 secrets to you that will help you go through those rough patches easily and make your relationship strong.
So, here we go…
- Celebrate the Good Times – Life is all about celebrating the good times and it doesn’t mean throwing a big party but to enjoy a few moments with your partner. Spending some time together will increase the levels of commitments, trust, intimacy, and satisfaction. Good things happen every day, all you have to do is to think positively and celebrate them with your life partner.
“Look at the positive side of every action & reaction, you’ll be happy!”
- Appreciate Your Partner – Remind your partner that you appreciate them even if you’ve been married for many years. Give compliments by acknowledging your partner’s positive attributes. Do not just focus on the negatives; try to get on the positive stuff instead. When men or women don’t feel appreciated, they are vulnerable to the advances of other attractive women or men.
“A compliment a day will surely keep the unhappiness away!”
- Be Independent – Independence is extremely important in order to be happy in a relationship. Husbands and wives must continue to take out time for them and it could be anything they can enjoy such as hobbies, traveling, etc. Give some time to your personal preferences and goals. Being completely dependent on each other weakens your ability to move forward and live freely.
“Spend some good time apart and let your heart grow fonder while it waits to reunite!”
- Be a Good Listener – Sometimes all it takes to make a marriage work is listening to your partner and half the problems get sorted out just by having a listening ear. Also, always keep in mind that listening and hearing are two different things in which listening involves our heart while hearing just our ears.
“Have a listening ear, hear the problems and come with a solution!”
- Communication is the Key – Whether it’s love marriage or arranged, honeymoon period or celebrating many years of marriages, communication is the key to success. It helps you understand your partner better by knowing his or her preferences, hobbies, likings, disliking, and of course the problems. Figure out the best way to let your partner know what you want to say and understand each other’s point of view.
“Figure out a love language and make it the secret of your happiness!”
- Never take One Another for Granted – Couples start taking each other for granted and this is the worst thing that could happen in a marriage. Though this is human nature that’s why everyone always says that marriages need some efforts. You should never come to a place where you start taking your husband or wife for granted because there’s nothing toxic as this.
“Respect your partner, avoid assumptions, and never take for granted!”
- Spice it up with Romance – No marriage is successful without romance, no matter it’s an arranged one or love marriage. Romance doesn’t mean intimacy only; it could be anything like giving her a flower someday or surprising him with a dinner date. There are countless ideas and date night should top the chart which is often overlooked by couples because they think that why a date when they’re together at home.
“Go on a date, you’ll be amazed at how far a little effort goes toward a strong marriage.”
- Intimacy is Important – Intimacy is extremely important for a strong relationship and successful marriage. It should be regular because there’s nothing like a bond which involves just two of you. Again, the ideas to get intimate are countless such as fantasy role-playing, props, etc.
“Don’t make it boring; make it exciting to enjoy a strong bond and happy marriage!”
- Never try to Control – At some point in their life couples may try to control their partners either due to jealousy, lack of trust or any other reason. They often forget that they are two different identities and it’s not necessary to think the same way or act the same way. This is where communication and independent time plays a crucial role.
“Don’t try to control because its marriage, not a machine!”
- Never Talk about Separation – Having an argument and talking about divorce has become quite common among couples but this is the biggest mistake. Don’t ever talk about separation during fights because as far as you can handle it, it should never be an option. Talking about separation during fights to threaten your partner is not at all a mature strategy.
“Never keep separation at the back of your mind!”
Most happy couples swear by the above-mentioned tips and will try their best to save their marriages. Follow some simple tips and you can fully enjoy your life with your partner…